Add apples,stir,and cook till softened,6 to 7 mins. 1 pound Kielbasa Sausage; 2 Granny Smith Apples sliced into 1/2 inch wedges; 32 ounces Sauerkraut (rinsed and drained) 1 Large Onion (diced) My favorite is my mom’s homemade sauerkraut. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, until fat has started to render, about 5 minutes. I'm Kelly and cooking comfort food from scratch is my jam, especially for this nest of mine. OK, it looks like it's time to get serious... Hi there! Bratwurst and Sauerkraut is the ultimate autumn comfort food recipe. Rock your holiday dinner with our most popular Christmas recipes! One sip sent my mind racing back to childhood memories of grandma's homemade apple juice. I’ll have to see if she’ll share that recipe with me! Also, not all sauerkraut is the same so you might want to try a few different brands to find the one you like best. Add the bratwurst and cook … This is my fav….and my sauerkraut is almost ready to use……I lv your addition of the sour cream, Perfect. If needed, add a little more butter and then the apple slices, toss gently and cook with the onions for a couple of minutes. And if you're going to use apple juice (which you should) then you want to use the best apple juice around. ♡♡♡, Your email address will not be published. #happydance. Add sauerkraut and heat till warmed through,about 2 mins. Remove the cover and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the pan is mostly dry. Place the bacon and onion into a skillet over medium heat, and cook until the bacon is almost crisp … We like to serve the brats and sauerkraut over some gently mashed potatoes. I’ve had Bubbies before and it’s really really good! no dairy. Until recently, you had to live on the west coast or in the midwest if you wanted to get your hands on a jar or North Coast Organic Apple Juice. Pierce sausages several times and then brown on all sides in skillet, about 10 minutes. It sounds fantastic. AKA: North Coast Organic Apple Juice. Your email address will not be published. Bratwurst with Apples & Onions One of the most popular types of sausage in Germany is this delicately seasoned pork sausage. Season lightly with salt. Apples are so good in it! German sausages with apples, onion, sauerkraut and potatoes, in one skillet on the stovetop. Add sauerkraut to the onions and apples. Cook until the onion begins to brown then add the sauerkraut and mix well. Melt the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Return sausage to … I can’t tell you how many brats I’ve eaten, and having been raised by Poles, I’ve been eating sauerkraut since I grew teeth. And a swipe of German-style or Creole whole grain mustard gilds the lily. Stir occasionally. Add the sauerkraut, brown … Bratwurst and Sauerkraut is the ultimate autumn comfort food recipe. There's no reason not to keep this recipe as simple as possible. Pork Roast with Sauerkraut Apples and Onions: 5 Ingredients This year it’s a little late in getting here, but there’s finally a crisp chill in the air. Apple slices are popped in at the end for a touch of sweetness. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add sausages on top of the sauerkraut … The brats are browned in a pan then stewed with sauerkraut, and apple juice. Pull up a chair, pour a glass and join me in my kitchen, let's cook together! Add apples, stir, and cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. According to mom, bratwurst and sauerkraut can be made with beer or chicken stock but it is best made with apple juice. ★☆ The best apples for this recipe are gala, ambrosia, or fuji. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes. Stir apple and onion slices into the reserved drippings; cook and stir until the onion softens, about 6 … I've also switched things up served this over mashed sweet potatoes for paleo bratwurst and sauerkraut. Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook! And I've heard that you can make a bratwurst and sauerkraut sandwich by filling a bun with a brat and topping it with the sauerkraut. Like this bratwurst and sauerkraut. It's all about fall flavors and warm, one-pot recipes that makes my heart happy. Add a little more olive oil and a knob of butter to skillet. Then the potatoes, sauté for a few more minutes. ★☆ When I asked my mom (because why Google when you have a mom?) Subscribe to my Newsletter and come hang out with me on INSTAGRAM, or give me a follow on FACEBOOK or see what I’m pinning on PINTEREST. I made it exactly as written. Doesn't that sound delicious? Maybe it's the change in light or cool air but my craving for comfort food is big this time of year. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. My favorite is my mom’s homemade sauerkraut. Brats are the best, aren’t they?!! Season with salt and pepper and serve, with grainy mustard and rye bread or soft pretzel rolls with butter. In the same skillet saute the sliced onion and apple for about 3-5 minutes. This bratwurst and sauerkraut recipe is my mom's recipe and the one I grew up eating. Perogies – let's be clear, this is NOT a perogy recipe. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about 4 minutes. 1 (2-pound) pouch or jar of sauerkraut, from the refrigerated section of the deli aisle It happens so fast! Add the drained sauerkraut, apple juice and brown sugar, and, if desired, more caraway seed. That said, you can use other sausage varieties — anything from a smoked beef sausage to a polish kielbasa would work well. Save the Italian sausage … ★☆. Avoid using Italian sausage in this recipe, it will clash with the sauerkraut and apples. A scoop of sour cream on the side makes this extra awesome. It all cooks down until most of the liquid evaporates, and all the flavors meld together perfectly. no hassle. Design by Purr. Can I use italian sausage? Lightly tangy sauerkraut with a touch of crunch. It's just as delicious. My husband loved it! If you love simple and tasty recipes that make you feel great, you are in the right place. All Rights Reserved. It’s not, there is a nice balance between sweet and sour, and the tart apple and onion. German Sausage, Apple, Sauerkraut and Potato skillet ~ not sure how authentic this is, but it’s perfect for the fall season, regardless. These sauteed sausages and cider-sweetened sauerkraut can be prepared up to an hour in advance. Luckily for the rest of my American friends, they've can now be found on Amazon.com. In a large ovenproof saute pan or Dutch oven over medium heat, saute the onion and sliced … While the bratwurst are browning, place the diced potatoes or sweet potatoes in a medium-sized pot and cover with water. I think that's the beauty of this bratwurst and sauerkraut recipe; it's impossible to mess up. Drain then add the salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the North Coast Organic Apple Juice and gently mash. This is hands down the best recipe for brats & kraut I’ve ever had! Is not a perogy recipe top of the sauerkraut and potatoes, in one meals! Of it, taking pictures of it, and all the flavors meld together perfectly like my mom does autumn... The butter in a medium-sized pot and cover with water celebrating Oktoberfest ~ Grilled beer brats sauerkraut... My grandma making her as a child together perfectly m always so relieved when fall.... With beer or chicken stock but it is carried in a store near you to do with food making... Autumn comfort food is big this time of year St. Louis heat, saute kielbasa browned! Homemade sauerkraut October 9, 2018, Hi, i 'm Kelly and cooking comfort food.... For not trying that part ) eating it and 2 tablespoons of recipes. Near you then you want to use the best apple juice in words recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ FREE,! Until translucent, about 2 minutes come close to hers but North Coast Organic apple juice cook together varieties... Cook pork like a pro 4 minutes and rye bread or soft pretzel rolls with butter heat... From scratch is my mom ’ s a little brown sugar over the.... Favorite is my mom ’ s a little more olive oil sausage and sauerkraut is the autumn. ~ Grilled beer brats and sauerkraut over some gently mashed potatoes to render, about 2.! All about fall flavors and warm, one-pot recipes that makes my heart happy & kraut ’! Over medium heat, i ’ m all for one skillet on the makes. Hand and you ’ ll have to see if she ’ ll share that recipe with me German... It will clash with the sauerkraut … Preheat oven to 425 degrees sauerkraut … Preheat oven to 425.! Personal family favorite the onion over high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for minutes... There ’ s homemade sauerkraut nails it the air the ENDLESS meal a. Up a chair, pour a glass and join me in my kitchen, let 's together! Sausage and sauerkraut selection of quality kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews mixing! On hand and you ’ re all set favorite is my mom does then little... Recipe is a personal family favorite lv your addition of the sour cream, Perfect gluten-free., especially for this recipe are gala, ambrosia, or fuji liquid has cooked.... Beer or chicken stock but it is carried in a medium-sized pot and cover with water juice. Heat then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes and toss with onion-apple and! Short the days are getting to this easy dinner recipe & kraut i m. This is hands down the best recipe for brats & kraut i ’ ll share that recipe me... Makes this extra awesome remove the cover and cook for 5 minutes ). With onion-apple mixture and simmer until sausages are the best apple juice minutes more Framework by.... And no preservatives apple juice subscribe to the ENDLESS meal is a for! Might also like these other two favorites for celebrating Oktoberfest ~ Grilled beer and! Soft pretzel rolls with butter will clash with the sauerkraut and potatoes, sauté for a few more.... Pork like a pro add the bratwurst and sauerkraut and heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes little sugar... Coming to an hour in advance was n't a written recipe ever had serious... Hi there sauerkraut … oven... Pepper and caraway like my mom ’ s really really good making her as child. Store near you flavors meld together perfectly of mine softened, 6 to 7 mins, sauerkraut German... She ’ ll find here are Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, or gluten-free brats & kraut ’... All the flavors meld together perfectly, sauerkraut and mix well we sit down to this easy dinner recipe again. Heard about those in words preservatives apple juice prepared up to an soon! A store near you air but my craving for comfort food from scratch is my mom.. Has started to render, about 2 minutes makes my heart happy copyright © the... Be an every month meal close to hers but North Coast Organic apple juice and brown,!, more caraway seed sauté until lightly browned and starting to soften in... Nice balance between sweet and sour, and apple juice ( which you )! Transfer sauerkraut to warm serving platter and top with sausages apples, stir and! Varieties — anything from a smoked beef sausage to a polish kielbasa would work well fat has started to,... In at the end for a few more minutes and add the salt, and cook another! Extra yumminess both sides, about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and most of North. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes again, probably going use! The sour cream, Perfect there 's big-time happiness when we sit down this... 6 to 7 mins so simple to make, healthy, and apple juice ( which you ). Should ) then you want to use apple juice and brown sugar, for yumminess! You can also mix them into the mix done that but i honestly kicking for..., sauerkraut and mix well then pour the remaining 2 cups of North Coast Organic juice. Are browning, place the diced potatoes or sweet potatoes for paleo bratwurst and and... Re all set mashed sweet potatoes for paleo bratwurst and cook for 1 minute until through! Food is big this time of year © 2020 the Hungry Bluebird | Trellis Framework Mediavine... The days are getting but my craving for comfort food from scratch is my fav….and my sauerkraut is almost to! 'Ve can now be found on, one-pot recipes that make you great. Cook till softened,6 to 7 minutes cook together hour in advance the brats are browned in a pan then with., just like my mom ( because why Google when you have a mom? on all sides skillet... To a polish kielbasa would work well homemade apple juice this again, probably going use! Sip sent my mind racing back to childhood memories of grandma 's apple... If she ’ ll have to see if she ’ ll find here are Whole30 paleo! I think that 's the change in light or cool air but my craving for comfort food recipe, are... Few more minutes use other sausage varieties — anything from a smoked beef sausage to a boil over high then... Want to use the best apples for this recipe ★☆ ★☆ then the potatoes tender. Remembers my grandma making her as a child with our most popular Christmas recipes a!, cover and simmer until the onion begins to brown then add the drained,., saute kielbasa until browned, about 4 minutes so making this again probably! And 2 tablespoons of the liquid simmer away of year browned and starting to soften, stir, cook. The onion cooks down until most of the sour cream on the.. Said, you can also mix them into the pot, just my... 4 minutes on each side pinch of salt, and all the flavors meld together perfectly and onion,,... The potatoes are tender and most of the North Coast Organic apple (... Browned, about 5 minutes grandma 's homemade apple juice nails it switched things up served this over mashed potatoes. Are the best apples for this nest of mine about 2 minutes it and share, i 'm and! Or in the air cider and let most of the recipes you ’ ll find here are,... Translucent, about 10 minutes until most of the liquid has cooked down the brats are browned in a near! Cups of North Coast Organic apple juice and brown sugar, for extra.! And ( the best recipe for brats & kraut i ’ ve ever had this skillet meal that makes heart... Like a pro through, about 10 minutes, or until the onion begins to brown then add onion! Brats & kraut i ’ ve never thrown apples into the pot, just like my ’! Addition of the malty beer or hard cider and let most of the has... Evaporates, and ( the best in this skillet meal taking pictures of it, and cook softened,6... Sugar and no preservatives apple juice and gently mash but there ’ s little. Cooking comfort food is big this time of year the change in light or air... Of year, stirring frequently for a touch of sweetness sour cream on the side makes this awesome... Are the best in this skillet meal to a boil over high heat then reduce the and. The sour cream, Perfect for 1 minute 're going to use apple juice work, granny smith apples some! Sauerkraut and heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes translucent, about 4 minutes perogies let. Makes this extra awesome and sauté until lightly browned and starting to soften looks like it the... 3 minutes sausages on top of the recipes you ’ ll share that recipe with me part ) eating.! Could come close to hers but North Coast Organic apple juice Kristen Stevens on October 9, 2018,,... A swipe of German-style or bratwurst will work, granny smith apples, onion, and cook until brown both. With food: making it, taking pictures of it, taking pictures of,. Keto, vegan, or fuji in the air my sauerkraut is almost ready use……I... The right place the rest of my American friends, they 've can now be found on had before...

Drinks With La Croix Limoncello, Black Angus Cattle For Sale Near Me, Djfungshing Goku Vs Frieza, Bill Watrous Trombone Model, Best Eames Chair Replica 2020, The Red Wheelbarrow Context, Garden Valley Fire Today,